God has placed a lot of importance his words.
Do you agree?
The Lord Jesus Christ stated: “Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my WORDS shall not pass away. Psalm 138:2 says… for thou hast magnified thy WORD above all thy name.
The spiritual life blood of the human race is the word of God.
• It brings salvation:
1 peter 1:23 being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the WORD of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
• It produces faith:
Romans 10:17 So then faith commeth by hearing, and hearing by the WORD of God.
• It produces Spiritual growth:
1 peter 2:2 …. desire the sincere milk of the WORD, that ye may grow thereby:
• The Lord Jesus Christ said:
John 6:63… the WORDS that I speak unto you, they are SPIRIT and they are LIFE.
In Luke 8:11, the Lord Jesus Christ tells of the parable of the sower. These are his words,
“Now the parable is this: The SEED is the WORD of God… THEN COMMETH THE DEVIL, and taketh away the WORD…”
Satan knows that if he can supplant even a small seed of doubt in God’s people, or remove some of the precious words, or cause confusion mankind will loose confidence in the Bible and look elsewhere!
1 Cor. 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion…
Most people believe the different versions of the bibble are basically the same. They believe newer versions are just ‘harmless’ updating of words and made easier to understand. Nothing could be further from the truth!
If you are convinced that your NIV ( New International Version) bible is God’s preserved word, and you believe it is just as accurate as the King James 1611 Authorized Bible, then you should be prepared to check it out. 1 Cor.2:15… he that is spiritual judgeth all things…
Using your NIV bible, answer the following questions to his quiz.
Do not rely on your memory. As the Bible is the final authority, you must take the answer from the bible verse ( not from the footnotes,) but from the text .) Look up every verse – don’t guess!
But first of all, consider the following important t bible verse:
Proverbs 30 : 5
EVERY word of God is Pure:
Psalm 12: 6 – 7
The WORDS of the Lord are pure words;….Thou shalt keep them, O lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
Matthew 24 : 35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my WORDS shall not pass away.
Luke 4; 4
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, that man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD of God.
Please check carefully the following from the pages of your NIV.
1.Fill in the missing words in Matt. 5: 44,’Love your enemies, _____ them that curse you,____ to them that hate you, and pray for them that _____ and persecute you’.
2.According to Matthew 17: 21, what things are required to cast out this type of demon?
3.According to Matt. 18: 11, Why did Jesus come to earth?
4.According to Matt. 27: 2, what was Pilate’s first name?
5.In Matt. 27: 35, When the wicked soldiers parted His garments , they were fulfilling the words of the prophet. Copy what the prophet said in Matt. 27: 35 from the NIV.
6.In Mark 3: 15, Jesus gave the apostles power to cast out demons and to ____
7.According to Mark 7: 16. What does a man need to be able to hear?
8.According to Luke 7:28, What was John? ( teacher, prophet, carpenter, etc. ) what is his title or last name?
9.In Luke 9: 55, what did the disciples not know?
10.Im Luke 9: 56, what did the Son of man not come to do? According to this verse, what did He come to do?
11.In Luke 22: 14, how many apostles were with Jesus?
12.According to Luke 23: 38, in what three languages was the superscription written?
13. In Luke 24: 42, what did they give Jesus to eat with His fish?
14. John 3: 13 is a very important verse, proving the Diety of Christ. According to this verse ( as Jesus spoke ), where is the Son of Man?
15. What happened each year as told in John 5: 4?
16. In John 7: 50., What time of day did Nicodemus come to Jesus?
17. In acts 8: 37, what is the one requirements for baptism
18. What did Saul ask Jesus in Acts 9: 6?
19. Write the name of the man mentioned in Acts 15: 34.
20. Study Acts 24: 6-8.What would the Jew have done with Paul? What was the chief captain’s name? What did the chief captain command?
21. Copy Romans 16: 24 word for word from the NIV.
22. First Timothy 3: 16 is perhaps the greatest verse in the New Testaments the Diety of Christ. In this verse who was manifested in the flesh?
23. In the second part of First Peter 4: 14, how do ( they ) speak of Christ? And, what do we Christians do?
24. Who are the three persons of the Trinity in First John 5: 7?
25. Revelation 1: 11 is another very important verse that proves the Diety of Christ. In the first part of this verse, fill in the blanks of what Jesus said, ‘I am____ and the ___and the ____
CONCLUTION : Little space in provided for your answers, but is much more than needed. WHY? Because all these facts are missing from the NIV.
THE NIV REMOVES 64, 576 WORDS !!
For additional information, material or supplies of this pamphlet, contact Dr. Dennis Spackman 09 625- 4123 or denspack@icinz. Co.nz